Skin brightening is a cosmetic procedure that aims to lighten dark areas of skin or achieve a generally paler skin tone.
It’s usually used to improve the appearance of blemishes such as birthmarks and dark patches (melasma).
Skin-lightening procedures work by reducing the concentration or production of melanin in the skin. Melanin is the pigment that gives skin its colour and helps protect it from the sun.
Aura range acne treatment
- Soap – organic and tea tree based. Will not dry and irritate the skin but reduces bacteria in pores. Is used twice a day followed by ice.
- Anti-allergy spritzer – has hamamelis and tea tree, with rose to calm and protect acid mantle. Reduces pores and breakouts. Use after ice morning and night.
- Acne gel – has tea tree, aloe vera, zinc and is used twice a day on inflamed acne before the intro to collagen cream and cocoa butter once acne has subsided after two weeks into the routine.
- Collagen serum – targeted for fine lines but also used for inflamed acne for two weeks before the collagen cream
- Collagen brightening – Once acne has subsided. Has arbutin and hydrolysed marine collagen so it lightens pigment and hydrates. Is used morning and night unless the person has eczema or an allergic reaction, then only in the morning. Expect results in 1 week and best in 2 months.
- Collagen scrub – Once acne has subsided. Has apricot kernels and collagen and is used on all skins accept inflamed acne and eczema. Can be used on back and chest acne and for hands and feet. Use twice a week after cleaning at night followed by ice and before peel off mask.
- Peel-off mask – tea tree and lactic acid based for disinfecting pores and lightening pigmentation. Used on all skin types as well as hands and feet but not on inflamed acne and eczema. Use twice a week after night cleanse followed by ice.
- Cocoa butter – used only on dry skin, pigmentation and scars. Not for use on breakouts or blackheads and used only at night. Massaged directly onto the skin. Expect results in three weeks.