Treatment we offer for acne
Sandton Beauty Clinic have a signature acne treatment called the acne extraction course that can help reduce breakouts drastically. We also teach you thereafter how to control them and can refer you to the necessary medical professionals for further consults.
The treatment is done over 30 days where you are required to come into the salon at least once a week for an hour and thrice a week for 10 minutes which will be explained further during the consultation.
We have treated various acne conditions and people from all age groups and ethnicities and have great reviews from celebrities who have bragged about our results. There is salon care and home care involved.
Acne and identification
The following are common types of blemishes associated with acne:
- Pustules, which are commonly called pimples
- Papules/pimples without a head
They are classified into two categories
- Inflammatory acne blemishes:
- inflamed lesions
- Non-inflammatory acne types
- Whiteheads and blackheads are types of non-inflammatory acne lesions. They are the least severe forms of acne and may have some spots. Non-inflammatory blemishes usually do not cause swelling and are not very painful.
Aura range acne treatment routine
- Soap – organic and tea tree based. Will not dry and irritate the skin but reduces bacteria in pores. Is used twice a day followed by ice.
- Anti-allergy spritzer – has hamamelis and tea tree, with rose to calm and protect acid mantle. Reduces pores and breakouts. Use after ice morning and night.
- Acne gel – has tea tree, aloe vera, zinc and is used twice a day on inflamed acne before the intro to collagen cream and cocoa butter once acne has subsided after two weeks into the routine.
- Collagen serum – targeted for fine lines but also used for inflamed acne for two weeks before the collagen cream
- Collagen brightening – Once acne has subsided. Has arbutin and hydrolysed marine collagen so it lightens pigment and hydrates. Is used morning and night unless the person has eczema or an allergic reaction, then only in the morning. Expect results in 1 week and best in 2 months.
- Collagen scrub – Once acne has subsided. Has apricot kernels and collagen and is used on all skins accept inflamed acne and eczema. Can be used on back and chest acne and for hands and feet. Use twice a week after cleaning at night followed by ice and before peel off mask.
- Peel-off mask – tea tree and lactic acid based for disinfecting pores and lightening pigmentation. Used on all skin types as well as hands and feet but not on inflamed acne and eczema. Use twice a week after night cleanse followed by ice.
- Cocoa butter – used only on dry skin, pigmentation and scars. Not for use on breakouts or blackheads and used only at night. Massaged directly onto the skin. Expect results in three weeks.
If you have blackheads all over your nose or white bumps on your forehead that just won’t go away, the best way to get rid of them is to visit an aesthetician, who is trained to remove them through a process called extraction during a professional facial treatment.